Monday, April 14, 2008

=w=tf is everyone talking about?


OK so you can hear a short clip of Weezer's new song "Pork & Beans" and everyone is goin nutso crazy saying how they're so excited that it sounds like Pinkerton. I want to know if these people own Pinkerton or just know they're supposed to say that's Weezer's best album. Sure, the guitar tones are thick and fuzzy and it's sounding more stripped down than the more recent albums, but the melody is severely lacking any resemblance to a Pinkerton era Weezer. Same with the lyrics, which I understand is going to be so since Rivers has much changed his outlook on songwriting. It sounds more like a Green album song so far but recorded the way they did the Blue album and Pinkerton. C'mon though, this only reminded me of Pinkerton for a split second. And there is so much of the song we are not hearing yet, the little bit of verse leading into this does not sound like something I want to have anything to do with. I guess I'm just pessimistic because their last three albums have gotten progressively worse and worse. We'll see, for now though I am very unimpressed.

No comments: