Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Delta Spirit is coming to Brooklyn

Well what good news that is. I was playing their album "Ode To Sunshine" this morning in the office and about halfway through the last song I started thinkin' "hmmm I wonder if they have new tour dates up?" Well sho' nuff, they do. And they're coming to Brooklyn. March 25th you can catch them at Union Hall in Park Slope. And three days after the pillow fight in Union Square? I gotta say I've really been crossing my fingers that Delta Spirit would be coming to New York City sooner than later. Much like Alberta Cross, they were recommended to me by my swell friend Meghan, and at first I was like "hmmm yea it's cool". A few months later I gave their EP another listen and while I was really enjoying it this time around, the song "People, Turn Around!" hit me in a way very songs have. You know the way I'm talking about. When you hear it you feel like this is the song you've been waiting to hear your whole life (until you hear the next song that does that to you, of course). But that's what this song did. So i got my hands on their full length album (they say a vinyl release is coming, where's the wax boys?) and there it was. I had fallen in love with this band. They'd redone "People, Turn Around!" and it sounds even better than before. Other songs like "Children" and "Trashcan" also quickly stole my soul and they can keep it. They deserve it. So I encourage all to venture to Union Hall that evening and grab a beer and sing along to one of the best bands making music right now.

No comments: