Friday, July 11, 2008

back again

Well it seems I've once again taken a long absence from writing. Laziness? Maybe. Lack of events to write about? Hardly. Distraction from third parties? OK that's it. I wanted to write about Renegade Craft Fair, a review of The Loved Ones at McCarren Pool, NYC Bubble Battle and Brooklyn Kickball. But those things are long past. Well I suppose I can still do a overdue review of Renegade. And if you so please, here's some pictures from The Loved Ones at McCarren Pool. And I go to the kickball games every week so that's still fresh. Ok so I guess I was just lookin for an excuse there with that "long past" nonsense. But alas, ever onward. It's NYC, it's summer, things are happening and if I think it doesn't suck I'll have some words on it here. First thing's first...


Tomorrow night is indeed one of the most anticipated nights of this summer for myself and anyone else who knows a damn thing about good music. Hot Water Music, Thursday and Paint It Black (or as I like to call it, the Time Capsule Show) will be performing together at Terminal 5 in midtown Manhattan. Unusual location for a show of this type, but hey they have fresh (I wish free) empanadas on the third floor balcony and beers are actually sensibly priced for that part of the city. However also that night, Alkaline Trio is headlining Irving Plaza with American Steel and Dillinger 4 supporting. Now I used to love Alkaline Trio, I really did and still love all those records and have even found songs I can appreciate on Crimson and Good Mourning. But to say they're even a shadow of the band who released Goddamnit and Maybe I'll Catch Fire would be a goddamn lie. I propose Alkaline Trio's bus be stopped and searched at the Lincoln Tunnel. And held for several hours forcing them to miss load in and soundcheck. American Steel and Dillinger 4 will have no choice but to come up to Terminal 5 and join the Hot Water/Thursday/Paint It Black show. I think it's a great idea yes? No? Who wants to help make it happen? More importantly who else is gonna be Lost & Found in Greenpoint Bklyn before the show gettin the day started right?

No comments: