Wednesday, July 30, 2008

To Serve, Protect and Beat The Shit Out Of You If We Feel Like It


As a cyclist in this city, you put up with a lot. Joggers running against traffic in the BIKE lane, not many bike lanes to begin with, moronic and careless drivers who think bikes are supposed to ride on the sidewalk (it's ILLEGAL numbnuts) and occasionally yes, police officers with nothing better to do than give you a hard time (gawd forbid they go patrol some neighborhoods that need it). I've had my share of cops messing with me for stupid nonsense. But NOTHING I or anyone I know has ever experienced in NYC, Philly, Baltimore and wherever the hell else I or my friends have biked compares to what happened at Friday's Critical Mass in midtown Manhattan.



Nice little display of how much you care about serving and protecting there officer. And to top it off, the kid got arrested and the cop denied it all! Police drunk on power is a huge problem in this city and I really start to wonder what it's going to take before something is done about it. You'd think the Shawn Bell murder would have? But no, that just proved that you could blast 50+ rounds into an unarmed person and walk away if you have a badge. So really, what is it gonna take in this city?

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's pretty hard to deny something that was caught on tape. What a fucking moron.

Unknown said...

the other day I saw a cop approach a red light, turn on his lights, go through, and then turn his lights back off. this happened twice in one day, and it made me lose what was left of my respect for cops... which actually wasn't much to begin with.